Sweets & Treats Gallery

Monday, January 06, 2014

friend makin' mondays...

1.  What has been your happiest moment in 2014 so far?  
The last few months have seen, for me, some of the lowest lows of my life. But last Friday we celebrated my Grandmother's 82nd birthday as a family with dinner at a Mexican restaurant, then pie and board games at my house. It was so fun playing board games with my family, everyone getting along, watching my Aunt laugh so hard during the game that tears rolled down her cheeks and celebrating my Grandma! It was certainly a rare but necessary high for me.
 
2. Share the last compliment you received.  
My husband told me I was, "Looking good!" It means the world that he thinks I'm the bees knees, especially since my self-esteem is low these days. He's the only one I want to impress, so it means the world that I still tickle his fancy!

3.  What is one thing that you plan to accomplish in the next week? 
Laundry! Laundry is just that thing I put off because I dread it... and getting so behind only begets more dread. So, I need to address that situation stat! Also, I'd like to take some afternoon walks with my pup. Over Christmas break I focused on inside projects, and my fair share of moping. It's time for a new, fresh start.

4.  What is your favorite TV show(s)? Scandal, Sister Wives, Masters of Sex, The Walking Dead and I CANNOT WAIT for Girls to be back!

5.  If you could go anywhere in the world free for the next two weeks, where you go?  
Probably somewhere I wouldn't have to think too much, like Hawaii. Sand, sun and cocktails! Hello!!!

6.  Describe a significant event in your life that caused you to change your values system. 
When I started working with high-risk youth, I came face-to-face with struggle and suffering. It made me more empathic and caring, and I am deeply grateful for those lessons in compassion. I worked through the sadness and grief I felt for them, and became a better, more caring, more passionate professional aimed on helping them succeed!

7.  What made you decide to live where you currently live?  
I had a terrible relationship in college, and refused to be reminded of it everyday. So I moved home after graduation, away from that old boyfriend (and my new, better boyfriend at the time... who eventually became my husband!), where I was safe and loved and could pursue a career. And I never left.

8.  What is the first thing that comes to mind when you think about GOD? 
Heaven. I have a vested interest in Him and Heaven. Lots of people I'm excited to see someday...

9.  If you could have a long conversation with someone famous (and alive now) who would you choose?  
I really can't think of anyone profound... so maybe the lead singer of my husband's favorite band (I love the band too!)? Maybe my hubby could tag along? I think that'd make him happy, and that would make me happy!

10.  List three things that you’re thankful for today.  
  • My health! Precious and futile, I am so grateful to be healthy!
  • My family! I am so deeply, deeply blessed by my people!
  • My hobbies. Keeps my hands and mind busy and focused, and fills my cup!
Now you!

Love,
Lindsay

Comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Sweet Bean Some Love!

Free Blog Template by June Lily